Spring Into Summer!
This fresh “Summer Roll” is the perfect way to kick-start your summer. Enjoy fresh crunchy vegetables, herbs and noodles rolled in rice paper wrappers and dipped in a homemade peanut sauce.
Plus, you can use the herbs you’ve been growing as the star ingredients!
- 4 servings
- ACTIVE TIME
- 30 minutes
- TOTAL TIME
- 30 minutes
- 4 rice wrappers
- 4 sprigs of Thai basil
- 4 sprigs of mint
- 4 sprigs of cilantro
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 lb of vermicelli rice noodles
- 4 oz of tofu, sliced
Need help with pruning and harvesting? Click here to view tutorial videos.
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 1″ piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons of tamari
- 1 teaspoon tamarind extract
- 1/4 piece of palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flake (optional)
- 1/4 cup of water (as needed)
Short on time? You can also pick up a peanut sauce at your local grocery store!
- The first and most important step is to have all of the vegetables washed and thinly sliced before you begin assembling.
- Soak the rice noodles in boiling water off of heat in a bowl until tender and follow directions on the packaging.
- Dip the rice paper wrappers in warm water for 10-15 seconds until they are malleable. Don’t let the wrappers become too soft, they are delicate!
- Lay the rice paper on the counter and begin layering the ingredients just off center.
- Roll tightly, folding in the sides.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Add water to desired consistency
Now you’re ready to serve!