- 1 lb mild or spicy Italian sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
- 2 medium onions, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- ½ cup packed fresh Italian parsley
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
Preparation Serves 6
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage until browned. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onions and garlic, cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are soft and the sausage is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the broth; cook until heated through.
Add pasta to the sausage mixture, parsley and Parmesan; toss to combine.
Season with salt and pepper.