- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small yellow onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh savory leaves
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh herbs for garnish
Preparation Serves 4 to 6
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine oil, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add eggplant, zucchini, plum tomatoes, savory and fresh basil. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until eggplant is soft when pressed (about 20 minutes); stir occasionally.
Uncover and simmer another 20 minutes, stirring often, until some of the liquid has reduced and thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with a mixture of fresh herbs.