- Pick ½ cup of basil. Can be Genovese, mixed, lemon basil, globe basil, etc.
- Add 3 tablespoons sugar
- Crush basil and sugar together with a muddler or wooden spoon. Mix well for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add 4 cups water
- Add ½ cup of lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- Stir, let sit for 10 minutes (even more is better) and then strain out crushed basil
- Pour over ice and serve with a garnish of fresh basil
Bonus: Basil Lemontini
Shake together two parts of basil lemonade and one part good quality vodka. Add a splash of sparkling
wine and serve over ice in a chilled glass. Great cool drink for a hot porch!