Mint Simple Syrup
- Pick 1 cup mint leaves and chop
- Add 1 cup sugar and muddle for 1-2 mintues with a muddler or wooden spoon
- Combine mint/sugar mix with 1 cup water and heat in medium sauce pan
- Bring syrup to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool and sit for 30 minutes
- Strain syrup and store
Add to taste to iced tea, hot tea, lemonade and other summer drinks.
- Pick ¼ cup fresh mint leaves per serving. Add a pinch of sugar. Muddle with muddler or wooden spoon.
- Add 1 ounce mint simple syrup, 1 ounce high quality white rum, and the juice of one lime.
- Pour over ice.
- Top with sparkling water, fresh mint sprig and a lime wedge. For extra sweetness serve in sugar