YIELD: Serves 4-6
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 serrano chile, seeds removed if desired, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 1 8-9-ounce package halloumi cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
To make the dressing, whisk together 3 tablespoons oil, lime juice, agave nectar, chile, and pepper to taste. Toss with strawberries and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, add halloumi. Cook cheese for 2-3 minutes per side without disturbing, until a deep brown crust forms.
Remove cheese from skillet and spoon straw- berry mixture over slices of cheese. Top with mint and cilantro and serve immediately, while cheese is still warm.
Courtesy of Epicurious.com