YIELD: Makes 6 dessert servings
ACTIVE TIME: 20 min
TOTAL TIME: 20 min
- 1 (15-oz) container whole-milk ricotta
- 5 tablespoons mild honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 firm-ripe Anjou or Bosc pears, peeled if desired
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
Stir together ricotta, 2 tablespoons honey, thyme, 1 tablespoon basil, 1 tablespoon mint, and a pinch of salt.
Halve pears lengthwise and scoop out core with a melon-ball cutter or spoon. Leaving stem end intact, cut each pear half lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices and gently press against a work surface to create a fan shape.
Divide cheese mixture among plates and top with a pear half. Drizzle remaining 3 tablespoons honey over pears and sprinkle evenly with pine nuts and remaining tablespoon each of basil and mint.
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
3 firm-ripe Anjou or Bosc pears, peeled if desired
1/3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
Courtesy of Epicurious