Homemade Cheese Spread w/Garlic and Fresh Herbs
Simple and delicious! Parsley and chives bring the fresh flavor of Spring!
- Makes about 1 cup
- ACTIVE TIME
- 10 minutes
- TOTAL TIME
- 40 minutes (including chilling)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 small garlic clove, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Crackers or toasts (for serving)
Cooks’ NoteTo add a citrus note to the cheese, incorporate 1/8 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest with the herbs. Or add 1/8 teaspoon (or more) freshly ground black pepper for a little spice.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, garlic, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add parsley and chives and pulse a few times until well combined. Pack mixture into a small bowl, ramekin, or glass jar. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes. Serve with crackers or toasts.
- Do Ahead
- Cheese can be made 5 days ahead. Cover and chill.