Before starting a new Seed Pod Kit, you’ll want to clean your garden for a fresh start. Do Not throw away your filter by accident! It’s easy to do when removing plant roots.
While you are doing maintenance on your garden, you may want to consider using Airstones. This will give your plants an oxygen boost for better growth! Note: Airstones are for use in all aerator/bubbler models.
After each planting, you should clean and sanitize your AeroGarden to reduce the risk of root pathogens that can destroy your crop.
- Fill the bowl with water and add ¼ cup of chlorine bleach
- Let the water pump or aerator circulate the bleach solution for 5 minutes
- Empty the bleach solution, rinse well, and then fill with clear water (no bleach)
- Allow the pump or aerator to circulate the clear water for 5 minutes
- Empty and rinse once more to ensure that all bleach is rinsed from bowl
Or without bleach:
Add 5 cups of distilled white vinegar (instead of ¼ cup chlorine bleach) and follow instructions above.