Vinaigrette foundation is three parts oil and one part vinegar. OR for extra pizazz do 2:1 oil to vinegar ratio. Whisk together and add a little Kosher salt. Finish with fresh ground pepper.
- Vinegars include: sherry, champagne, balsamic, red, white, or rice wine.
- Oil: for a mild base use grape seed, or use your best extra-virgin olive oil for grassier flavor.
Build up vinaigrette by adding a mustard, something sweet, spicy, an allium, and herbs. Use any of these combos:
- Mustard– use Dijon or grainy mustard.
- Sweet– honey, agave, or maple syrup.
- Allium– garlic, chives, or shallots
- Herbs– basil, parsley, oregano, thyme, dill, mint, rosemary, cilantro, and much more!
- Spice– paprika, red pepper flake, coriander, fennel, cumin, or poppy seeds.
*Let your taste buds guide you in ingredient amounts!