This quick and easy sautéed kale recipe makes for an excellent nutrient-rich side dish or appetizer. These greens contain plenty of vitamins, fiber and powerful antioxidants that are great for detoxifying your body and keeping your liver healthy!
- 8 cups (packed) kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sweet or hot smoked paprika*
- Generous pinch of dried crushed red pepper
- Cook kale in large pot of boiling salted water until wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to colander; drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika and crushed red pepper; sprinkle with salt. Add kale and sauté until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more smoked paprika, if desired. Transfer to serving bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and serve.