For this Mother’s day we decided to try a fun, unique DIY craft- Bath Bombs. They are a ton of fun to make and satisfying to drop into the bath. These petal-laden bath bombs are exploding with essential oils, and our very own Calendula flowers. So grab your Mom or a friend and get ready to get your hands dirty making these unique, relaxing, and entertaining bathroom essentials.
- 1/2 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Epsom Salts
- 1/4 Cup Citric Acid
- 1/2 Tsp Water
- 1 1/2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 5-10 Drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 1/4 Cup Dried Calendula Petals
- Bath Bomb Molds
*Makes 3-6 Bath Bombs (depending on size of mold)
- Gather two bowls. In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. In the other bowl combine all the wet ingredients and mix.
- Slowly pour the liquid mix over the dry ingredients and whisk.
- Test the texture by grabbing a handful and squeezing. If it holds, then move on. If too wet or dry add additional baking soda or water until desired firm consistency. *Note-do not overdue extra water-it will cause an early fizzy reaction, and the bath bombs will not form to the mold properly.
- Add Calendula petals and mix with hands.
- Fill each side of the molds, making sure there is no extra space.
- Add a little extra to one half of a mold, and then firmly press the two halves together for 10-30 seconds.
- Gently pull off the molds, one half at a time, and place on wax paper to dry for 24 hours.
- Drop into your warm luxurious bath, and enjoy the fizzle of your hand-made bath bomb.
This beautiful mimosa not only looks fun to make, it’s also fun to drink! Packed with healthy blueberries and calming lavender, this beverage is great for summer. Use your very own lavender to make the drink more personable. Get the full recipe at Parsnips + Pastries.
Not growing Lavender?
Start a Lots of Lavender Kit in your garden this month and have a relaxing fragrant flower in no time.
Want to grow Lavender but don’t have a garden yet? Check out our Harvest collection to start growing! My personal favorite is growing lavender out of the Harvest Touch Eggplant.
What’s more refreshing than lemonade? Strawberry lemonade. I’m talking fresh strawberries, none of that powdered pink sugar drink. And what makes it even more refreshing is knowing that the strawberries used are ones from your very own Aerogarden Grow Bowl. So go ahead and pluck those juicy red berries and enjoy them in this delicious drink for that hot summer day.
- 1/2 lb strawberries (1 1/2 cups), trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 5 lemons)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups cold water
- Purée strawberries with 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a blender until smooth, then force through a fine sieve into a bowl to remove seeds. Stir together strawberry purée, remaining lemon juice, 1 cup sugar, and water in a large pitcher until sugar is dissolved. Taste, then add more sugar if desired. Serve over ice.
YIELD: Makes about 1 1/2 quarts
Half the pleasure of a frittata is just saying it. Go ahead. Free-tah-tah. The other half is that they are so easy to make, and you can put almost anything in it. Simple, tasty, and quick to whip up, a frittata can be jazzed up or simple for a quick bite any time of the day.
This particular recipe was inspired by our smoothie seed pod kit, which comes with kale, mustard greens, and beet greens. The garden produces like crazy, and it’s good to switch up from the constant kale smoothie. So why not make a kale frittata?
Here is what you need:
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup firmly packed kale leaves (plus a few extra for garnish)
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cheese (or more or less)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Sea salt
- For the shiitakes:
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 1/2 cup of the olive oil over medium- high heat until slightly shimmering. Add the shiitake slices, spreading them evenly around the pan. Now leave those mushrooms alone! Do not touch them until that sizzling sound quiets down; this will help them develop a beautiful golden brown caramelization on one side. Once that happens, give the pan a stir with a wooden spoon, loosening all the mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes more and season with a pinch of sea salt. (Do not salt until the end, as salting draws out moisture in the pan and prevents caramelization.) Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside in a bowl or plate to cool.
- For the kale:
- Trim the kale off of its stem and cut into thin strips. In a medium sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red onion. When the garlic is slightly browned, add the kale and sauté until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. (Add a small amount of water if the kale begins to stick or turn too brown.) Season with a pinch of sea salt and set aside with the mushrooms.
- For the frittata:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place a large shallow nonstick ovenproof dish in the oven.
- In a bowl, whip the eggs with a whisk until fully beaten and slightly fluffy. Stir in the milk, 1/2 cup of the olive oil, cheese, cooked mushrooms, sautéed kale, chopped herbs, and 2 pinches of salt. Pour the entire mixture into the heated ovenproof dish, and bake until slightly browned on top and a knife stuck in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. (If opting for the kale garnish, add the leaves after 15 minutes of cooking.)
Courtesy of Epicurious.
Smoothies are a great way to pack nutrients into one delicious drink, and this simple and refreshing recipe helps to start your morning energetic, healthy, and with time to spare. This beverage is packed with fibrous greens from your very own Green Smoothie Seed Pod Kit, along with nutrient rich tropical fruit, and refreshing coconut water. So bust out the blender and enjoy this sweet drink without the worry of your waistline.
- 1 Cup Mixed Greens- Mustard, Beet, & Kale.
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- 1 1/2 Cup Mixed Frozen Tropical Fruit (We use Pineapple & Mango)
- 2 Cups Coconut Water
Add everything into a blender and blend until desired consistency.
Pour & Enjoy!
*If you would like to have your very own printable recipe card click here.
Holidays are over and all we can think about is when will summer be here? Sadly not for a couple more months, but not to fear, this tropical green smoothie might just trick you into thinking its warm outside. This simple five ingredient beet greens smoothie recipe is a healthy and tasty treat that can be made with greens from your AeroGardens Greens Smoothie Kit. This low calorie drink is packed with protein and contains all the essential amino acids to start the new year off feeling happy, healthy, and worry free about maintaining your beach body.
Inspired by recipe from Feasting not Fasting
- 2 cups loosely packed beet greens
- ½ of a small avocado (about ¼ cup mashed)
- 1 cup cucumber chunks
- 1 banana
- ½ cup mango
- ½ cup water (or adjust amount to desired thickness)
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy (2-3 minutes). Adjust the amount of water if needed to make the smoothie your preferred consistency. If the smoothie is not sweet enough for you, add a small amount of stevia, honey, or pure maple syrup.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!