This Cuban drink is one of the top refreshing cocktails you can enjoy, especially during warm days. Lime + mint + bubbles (and let’s not forget, Rum) = Perfection! Great for a summer happy hour using mint from your AeroGarden.
Get started –
- Cut a lime into wedges
- Add a lime wedge and 10 mint leaves into the bottom of a glass
- Use muddler or handle of wooden spoon to crush mint and lime to release mint oils and lime juice
- Add 2 more lime wedges and 2 tablespoons of white sugar and muddle again
- Fill the glass up to the top with ice
- Pour 1.5 fluid ounces of white rum over the ice
- Fill the rest of the glass with carbonated water
- Taste – Add more sugar if you want
- Garnish with lime wedge and mint sprig
Avoid over-muddling the mint, it will give the mojito a grassy taste. Over crushed mint breaks the chlorophyll filled veins in the leaf which gives a bitter grass taste.
You want to lightly press down on the leaves with the muddler or wooden spoon and gently twist.
Don’t forget, the Cocktail & Mocktail Herb Seed Pod Kit (July’s Plant of the Month) is 25% OFF through July!
Cool off with this Lemon Balm cocktail! Make with lemon vodka or white run. Try it with July’s Seed Pod Kit of the Month, Cocktail & Mocktail Herb Blend (25% OFF through July).
Lemon Balm, Lemon Mint, or Mint leaves compliment the lemon and honey in this cocktail.
Lemon Balm and Mints are pruned in the same method. Watch the video above for help with pruning.
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups lemon vodka or white rum
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (loosely packed) fresh lemon balm leaves or mint leaves
- 8 lemon slices
- Stir honey and 6 tablespoons hot water in a large pitcher until honey is dissolved. Stir in vodka and lemon juice. Add 2 cups ice cubes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Squeeze lemon balm several times to lightly bruise leaves; add to pitcher. Fill Old Fashioned glasses with ice cubes. Divide cocktail among glasses. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.
Makes 8 servings
Courtesy of Epicurious
Try growing chamomile in your AeroGarden and use in this whimsical-relaxing cocktail (not just for tea).
This soothing herb is slightly bitter, sweet, and aromatic.
Chamomile comes in the following seed pod kits: Fresh Tea, Traditional Medicinal Herb, and any custom herb.
Get this delicious Lemon Chamomile Cocktail recipe at HonestlyYUM
(image and recipe by HonestlyYUM)
Matcha in the morning, matcha at night, matcha all through the day! This lime-mint-matcha combo is a great morning or afternoon pick-me-up, or add a splash of rum for a bright and refreshing cocktail.