- Serves 8
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar, coarsely grated (about 1 cup), divided
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack, coarsely grated (about 1/2 cup), divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives – From your AeroGarden
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pepperoncini
- Crackers and/or tortilla chips (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and softened, 8–10 minutes; season with salt. Let cool.
- Pulse cream cheese and mayonnaise in a food processor until smooth.
- Toss cornstarch, 3/4 cup cheddar, and 1/4 cup Monterey Jack in a medium bowl to coat cheese. Mix in cream cheese mixture and cooked onion; season with salt and pepper. Scrape into a 1-qt. baking dish and top with remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack. Bake dip until golden and bubbling, 20–25 minutes. Let dip cool 5 minutes, then top with chives and pepperoncini. Serve with crackers.
Image and Recipe from: Epicurious