This Cuban drink is one of the top refreshing cocktails you can enjoy, especially during warm days. Lime + mint + bubbles (and let’s not forget, Rum) = Perfection! Great for a summer happy hour using mint from your AeroGarden.
Get started –
- Cut a lime into wedges
- Add a lime wedge and 10 mint leaves into the bottom of a glass
- Use muddler or handle of wooden spoon to crush mint and lime to release mint oils and lime juice
- Add 2 more lime wedges and 2 tablespoons of white sugar and muddle again
- Fill the glass up to the top with ice
- Pour 1.5 fluid ounces of white rum over the ice
- Fill the rest of the glass with carbonated water
- Taste – Add more sugar if you want
- Garnish with lime wedge and mint sprig
You want to lightly press down on the leaves with the muddler or wooden spoon and gently twist.
Don’t forget, the Cocktail & Mocktail Herb Seed Pod Kit (July’s Plant of the Month) is 25% OFF through July!